What is structural engineering?
Structural engineering is the science and art of designing and constructing, with economy and elegance, buildings, bridges, frameworks and other similar structures so that they can safely resist the forces to which they may be subjected.
Why join the FSEA?
The following are just a few good reasons to consider joining FSEA:
- FSEA focuses on the needs of Florida’s Structural Engineers.
- FSEA fosters self-determination. FSEA members decide what issues are vital to the structural engineering profession and how those issues will be dealt with.
- FSEA promotes fair representation for Florida’s structural engineers.
- FSEA is administered by a state board of directors with representatives from all across Florida.
- FSEA provides a mechanism whereby the public is educated regarding the role of the structural engineer.
As a member of FSEA, you also become a member of the National Council of Structural Engineers Associations (NCSEA). You will have the opportunity to learn how structural engineering issues are dealt with in other parts of the country. As a member organization in NCSEA, FSEA has a powerful national voice.
Through the FSEA and the NCSEA you can become involved, at the national level, in the following:
- Pursue improving the level of competence and standard of practice of the structural engineering profession throughout Florida and the U.S.
- Provide an identifiable national resource for those needing communication with the structural engineering profession.
- Pursue unified national and local positions on issues related to structural engineering.
- Provide structural engineering expertise in the Code and Standards development process.
- Encourage communication and interaction between NCSEA member organizations.
- Assist NCSEA in the organization of other state SEAs.
- Receive STRUCTURE magazine.
- Participate in the development programs like the Winter Institute, and the NCSEA annual meeting.