Alachua County Board of County Commissioners
Environmental Professional Engineer
$64,752.27 - $103,728.98 Annually
Closing Date: 10/27/17
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in environmental engineering or civil engineering and four years of professional level environmental engineering experience or equivalent professional engineering related experience. Must become registered as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) by the State of Florida within six months of employment. Applicants within six months of meeting the education/experience requirement may be considered for trainee status.
Please apply on-line at http://www.alachuacounty.us/employment. Please direct inquiries regarding this position to (352) 374-5219.
Applicants with disabilities will be accommodated in the application process.
Preference in initial appointment will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of disabled veterans.
ALL OFFERS OF EMPLOYMENT WILL BE CONTINGENT UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION
OF A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST
TDD users, please call 711 (Florida Relay Service)
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M.F.V.D.
Pursuant to Florida’s open records law, applications and resumes are subject to public disclosure.
CITY OF JACKSONVILLE
invites applications for the position of:
$29.29 - $36.03 Hourly
$60,923.76 - $74,945.12 Annually
OPENING DATE: 10/02/17
CLOSING DATE: 10/22/17 11:59 PM
This is professional work at the lead worker level in designing and preparing plans, specification and engineering cost estimates for the construction, operation and/or maintenance of municipal projects requiring engineering services to include capital improvement projects. The work requires a knowledge of engineering principles, practices and methods which is gained through a combination of education, training and extensive experience. Must exercise initiative and independent judgment in implementing all directives from higher authority. May plan, organize, assign and review the work of subordinate level employees. Contacts require skills in understanding and influencing others which are important in coordinating studies and projects with outside parties, resolving complaints and enforcing regulations. The work is covered by clearly defined policies and principles involving a variety of differing situations requiring use of judgment. The work is performed primarily in an office environment, but is also frequently performed in a setting involving exposure to unfavorable climatic conditions and other hazards which are predictable and controllable. Operates personal computers, calculators and other standard office equipment. The work is performed under administrative direction subject to operating plans, objectives, functional policies and precedents and is reviewed in terms of feasibility, compatibility with other work projects and effectiveness in meeting requirements or expected results.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Supervises the design and preparation of plans, specification and engineering cost estimates for the construction, operation and/or maintenance of municipal projects requiring engineering services to include capital improvement projects.
- Applies engineering and management principles to resolve conflict and to insure compliance with City regulations.
- Develops and reviews design standards and specifications pertaining to City construction projects.
- Inspects and reviews commercial construction practices to insure compliance with standards and specifications.
- Coordinates work activity with other agencies, divisions and departments.
- Performs professional engineering calculations.
- Prepares correspondence and work status reports concerning construction projects.
- Serves as a consultant during project construction phases to include establishing program technical criteria, reviewing project shop drawings and evaluating contract bid proposals.
- May plan, organize, assign and review the work of subordinate level employees.
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of engineering principles, practices and methods.
- Knowledge of field testing, sampling and investigative techniques and procedures.
- Ability to plan, direct and control engineering work.
- Ability to comprehend and apply engineering, scientific and technical principles and methods to plan, formulate and carry out programs and policies.
- Ability to perform engineering calculations.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations and technical manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to make presentations.
OPEN REQUIREMENTS/SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
- An eight year combination of education, training, and experience directly related to the field to which the position is assigned such as civil, electrical, electronic, mechanical, or related fields of engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer is required prior to appointment and must be maintained.
- If registered as a Professional Engineer in another state, must secure Florida registration within one (1) year of appointment.
- Valid State Driver's License is required prior to appointment and must be maintained.
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIRED.
- Apply at www.coj.net/jobs. A copy of your Transcripts, Resume and Florida PE License are required with your application. NEOGOV works best with Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer version 11 or higher browsers. Please try to apply using one of these browsers. You may have to cut and paste the link into the browser's search area. Be sure to add coj.net to your address book to ensure you receive email notifications. You may also check your application status at any time by logging into your account.
If claiming veteran's preference, you must attach a DD-214 (Member Form-4 copy) or military discharge papers, or equivalent certification from the Department of Veterans Affairs listing military status, dates of service and character of discharge. You must also attach the Veterans Preference Certification Form and if applicable, the additional forms as noted here: http://www.coj.net/departments/employee-services/veterans-preference
If a candidate believes he or she was not afforded veteran's preference, he or she may file a written complaint, within 60 calendar days upon receipt of notification of the hiring decision, requesting an investigation to:
Florida Department of Veterans Affairs
Division of Benefits and Assistance
9500 Bay Pines Blvd., Room 214
St. Petersburg, FL 33708
Perez Engineering & Development Kew West, Florida
This professional position is responsible for advanced engineering work with an emphasis on project management, design, permitting and construction administration on residential and light commercial Structures. Our office is in Key West, Florida and we currently work on projects throughout the Florida Keys.
Full time availability is preferred; however, part time applicants will be considered based on experience.
Qualifications - PE license in the state of Florida - 8+ years of Structural Engineering experience - Working knowledge of the Florida Building Code, as well as industry design standards -
Proficiency in AutoCAD is preferred -
The ability to maintain effective communication with clients
Our Company, Perez Engineering and Development, has been practicing in Key west for over 17 years. We are a small firm that provides a quality product while maintaining a quality of life for our employees. Our history and continued relationships with clients, has made us a “go to” for engineering in the Florida Keys.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send to 1010 Kennedy Drive, Suite 201, Key West, FL 33040.
Atkins Engineers has a position available for an engineering graduate for structural inspection projects located throughout South Florida. License is not required but considered a plus. Experience in construction of high and low rise residential and commercial projects is preferred. Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point and writing capabilities are necessary. The company provides architectural, engineering, inspection and litigation consulting services. We offer competitive salary, health, life, disability insurance and 401(k) plan.
E-mail resume to: Mail@ae-fl.com. Equal Opportunity Employer
O’Connell & Associates Consulting Engineers, LLC is a mid-sized, multi-disciplined firm specializing in residential, commercial and municipal work with civil, structural and mechanical engineers on staff. Our experience in a wide variety of processes, techniques and materials combined with our understanding of local, state and federal regulatory requirements enables us to develop cost-efficient designs tailored to meet your project goals in a timely manner. We have an immediate opportunity for an Engineering Intern or Professional Structural Engineer with 3 to 10 years of structural design experience to join our Santa Rosa Beach, Florida office.
Knowledge / Experience / Requirements:
2 to 10 years’ experience using AutoCAD with emphasis in residential and/or commercial structural design.
Proficiency in AutoCAD and other design software.
Experience in drafting for structural engineers, architects or on similar types of projects.
Experience working with engineers to and the ability to understand all parts of engineering contract documents.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Effective interpersonal skills.
Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as work effectively as a team member.
Mostly office environment, some field work
Must be able to work early or late to attend client meetings as needed
Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Interact and communicate with the project team, clients and agencies
Perform site visits as needed
Plan and coordinate timely completion of all projects
Complete project activities within budget
Holiday & Vacation
401(k) with employer match
We are an equal opportunity and drug-free work place
Job Type: Full or Part-time
Please call (850) 403-4555 or email us at email@example.com to learn more about the position or submit a resume.