United Professional Engineering is a firm providing Structural Engineering design, building envelope restoration and other related services in the south-east Florida region. We are based in lake Worth, FL. We are seeking a very talented Professional Engineer with a very strong structural design background.
- · Bachelors/Master’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (master’s preferred)
- · PE/SE licensed
- · 5-10 years’ experience in structural engineering with emphasis on building structures
- · 1-2 Years of Building Restoration and/or Forensics Engineering experience
- · Knowledge of bldg. fundamentals & design codes and standards such as FBC, ASCE, AISC and ACI
- · Familiarity with structural programs such as RISA, RAM, ETABS, ADAPT, SAFE and REVIT
- · Strong technical skills, excellent verbal and written communications
- · Project and staff management experience
- · Excellent planning and organizational skills for our fast-paced environment
- · Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- · Project Management
- · Preparation of engineering drawings, specifications, calculations, analytical models, reports and correspondence. Must be able to take a project from beginning to completion and sign & seal their own drawings, reports, etc.
- · Construction Administration phase of projects, including review of shop drawings, submittals, RFI’s and field observation
- · Attend internal and external meetings with clients and design team members.
- · Conduct forensic investigations to analyze and determine the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, roof damage, construction defects and building system failures.
- · Produce specifications for bidding, permitting and construction for building restoration projects.
- · Manage multiple projects and assume responsibility for project execution within timeframes.
- · Provide leadership and mentoring to other Engineers.
- · Review work of fellow Senior and Staff Engineers.
Alachua County Board of County Commissioners
Civil Engineer III
Closing Date: 08/17/18
Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, public works engineering, or closely related engineering field and four years related professional engineering experience. State of Florida Professional Engineer (P.E.) Registration is required within six months of employment. Applicants within six months of meeting the minimum education/ experience may be considered for trainee status.
Please apply on-line at http://www.alachuacounty.us/employment. Please direct inquiries regarding this position to (352) 374-5219.
Applicants with disabilities will be accommodated in the application process.
Preference in initial appointment will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of disabled veterans.
ALL OFFERS OF EMPLOYMENT WILL BE CONTINGENT UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION
OF A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST TDD (352) 491-4431
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M.F.V.D.